Shrimp Cobb Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
A delicious, gluten/dairy/grain/soy free cobb salad with shrimp!
Servings: 6 people
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 juice of large lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 medium avocados
- 5 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2.5 heads hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1/2 large hot house cucumber, quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Remove, chop coarsely or crumble. Remove all but one tbsp of bacon fat from the pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, cilantro, lime zest and juice in a bowl. The mixture will look like there's not a lot there - this is okay. It's a rather concentrated dressing
- Rinse and drain the shrimp so that they're fairly dry. We want to saute the shrimp, and if they're not dry enough they will end up steaming. Saute the shrimp in the pan with the tbsp of bacon fat, and salt the shrimp to taste.
- Once the shrimp are done, let cool a little bit. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and spoon the salad dressing mixture on. Toss and serve.