Healthy Sausage and Bacon Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
A gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAPs healthy quiche!
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 cups Peeled, shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 lb Italian sausage no casings, sweet or hot
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup full-fat, canned coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp salt 1 tsp and 1/2 tsp divided
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss peeled, shredded sweet potatoes with 3 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Press into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges have gotten dark brown.
- While the crust is baking, saute italian sausage in a 12 inch skillet. Remove.
- In the same pan, fry 6 slices of bacon. Remove and chop. Reserve 1-2 tbsp of bacon fat in pan.
- Saute the remaining vegetables in the pan with the bacon fat.
- In a large bowl, combined eggs, liquid egg whites, coconut milk, the remaining 1 tsp salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Combine all ingredients into the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour full mixture into finished crust, even out, and bake uncovered in 425 degree oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out the center clean. Enjoy!