So there’s a lot of creamy chicken recipes out there that fit the bill for a ketogenic or low-carb diet, but Ive decided to try my hand at making a more versatile, macro-friendly version that can be used in a more moderate-higher carb approach as well. The result turned out pretty darn good!
By making the switch from a heavy cream based sauce to Greek cream cheese, the fat content is lowered considerably without taste loss!
I’ve been making this one a lot for meal preps recently.
Creamy Parmesan Tuscan Chicken Meal Prep
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2.5 lb Raw chicken breast, chopped in chunks
- 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 large Red or Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups Chopped broccoli
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Fresh basil, chopped or 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 6 tbsp Green Mountain Greek Cream Cheese, softened or another light cream cheese
- 4.5 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, combine olive oil, chicken, onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Mix and stir every couple minutes. Add in 1 tsp of the salt and mix.
- While the chicken mixture is cooking, in a separate bowl, combined softened cream cheese, tomato paste, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, pepper, the remaining salt, and dried basil and parsley if using those. Mix well.
- After chicken and vegetables have cooked thoroughly, mix in prepared cream cheese mixture.
- Add fresh parsley if using fresh, simmer for 8-10 minutes
- Add broccoli and simmer for 3-4 more minutes
- Take off the heat and stir in fresh basil if using fresh.
- Put in 6 separate meal prep containers.